Localization is the process of making you app/software compatible for specific language, region and culture. It goes beyond translation and is much more than just translation of User Interface (UI) text and user documents.
Software needs to be adapted for dealing with:
- Currency and accounting standards
- Double-byte characters used in Japanese, Chinese and Korean
- Right-to-left writing systems like Arabic, Hebrew, or Farsi
- Culture-dependent icons and color schemes
- Sorting algorithms for non-Roman character sets
- Enabling various input methods
- Locale-dependent variations, such as date formats (dd-mm-yyyy vs. mm-dd-yyyy), calendar systems (e.g., Japanese use an Imperial Calendar, Muslim and Hebrew calendars are based on lunar months), currency, address formats, etc.
Internationalization (i18n) is the process of preparing products and services so that they can easily be adapted to specific language, region and cultures, a process called localization.
To know more, please Get in Touch with us!